Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I AM UNWRITTEN

I am unwritten - can't read my mind - I am undefined...


-- Natasha Bedingfield


When I heard the first line to this song, I think my heart momentarily may have stopped. I sat gaping at the lyrics as Natasha's voice crooned out of my speakers - wondering, how did this Brit whom I had never had the pleasure of knowing, get in my head? What an awakening I had over this song that I have heard on the radio many times, yet never really stopped to listen and hear the words.


I have been trapped in this "box" that I allowed myself to be put in... Funny how nowadays we are supposed to think "outside" the box, yet a lot people really can't wait to box us in, labeling us with a nice neat tag, so we can be put on the shelf in our proper place. Sometimes it's at work or school, at home with our family, anywhere... When and how did it happen? When did I push the little girl aside and why? I thought at the time I was making choices, instead, I am waking up to the truth. My truth is that what I used to see and what I am see now are entirely different. I have a new pair of glasses and I am realizing that it's time to play, dance and spin. To run aimlessly just for the sake of running - ok, maybe not that, but you get what I mean. Each day, a different thought to develop, each day I dream now of learning something new, no matter how insignificant or small.

What does it really mean to be young forever? I know for starters it means to smile a lot and to try everything you can at least once... Kids don't judge - they have wonderment in their eyes and hearts. I want that back - I want a glimpse of that world again, through the innocent eyes of a child. So, today, I am trying not to judge anything. It's so very difficult since my mind is so conditioned, forming opinions as soon as my eyes lock on an object or a person - everything really. And the funniest part of all it is, that I myself give "it" meaing. I can't even imagine how many people or things I have missed out on by my pre-determined opinion and just walked the other way. Not anymore 'cause -

Today is where my book begins, the rest is still unwritten

Join me on my journey, and share yours. Life is truly about the truth, the trek on the path to happy destiny, the people you meet and the lives we touch along the way. See you tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment